Herb Gardening 101 - Love my herbs
Gardening is a great way to relive stress and spend some time outdoors in quiet and tranquility.
I have friends who have a small produce farm that they tend and then there is me... I have tomato pots and a Herb Garden Tower. I love picking fresh tomatoes for my salad and fresh herbs for my dinner. Yes, I love cooking!
Thinking of starting a Herb Garden, but not quite sure how to begin. Here are 5 easy steps:
1. Make a list of your favorite herbs. If you like chicken, perhaps Rosemary or Thyme might be a good option. Italian cooking, perhaps basil both for fresh or dried.
2. Where is the sun in the morning? This is where you want to place your herb garden.
3. Decide if you want a self-watering container, a high standing container, rectangular, round, etc.
4. Visit your favorite organic nursery. You will need plants, avoid the seeds, and good organic soil. Some nurseries sell their own blend and it is usually the best.
5. Plant, water, and enjoy the "fruits of your labor".
Herb Gardening 101
Apr 06, 2020